Terms and Conditions
Cancellations & Make up Policy
In the unfortunate event that your child is unable to attend a lesson, we MUST receive notice of your non-attendance of your class. This can be either via email or telephone (fb messenger is not accepted) The following Make-Up rules will apply.
- Make-up lessons can only be given when notice of cancellation is given to the swim school 24 hours or more prior to the session commencement. If the swim school is closed, please use the customer portal or send an email, 24 hours (or more) before the lesson to cancel.
- No make-up lessons shall be given if contact is made after the 24-hour notification period, after the lesson or during the missed lesson. (Please note, a lesson can still be cancelled inside the 24-hour notification period, however, a makeup lesson will not be issued.
- There is no make-up fee for each make-up lesson that is organised by administration.
- Make-up lesson vouchers have a validity of 1 (one) month from the date of the missed lesson, if not utilised within the timeframe, these are forfeited.
- There is a limit of only one makeup lesson issued per calendar month.
- We cannot guarantee the same teacher, day or timeslot, as your normal lesson teacher and make up times depend on availability and space in classes.
- Once a make-up is arranged, changes can be made. If your make-up is missed the make-up is forfeited.
- Make-ups cannot be used for credits for your next swimming block.
- Make-ups can only be used if you have a current booking, and your account is fully paid up to date.
- Our computer system will not allow makeup lessons to be booked if fees are still owing on the account.
What If my child is sick?
It is the policy that children/adult/teachers will be excluded from lessons if they are suffering from any of the below mentioned conditions.
- Chicken pox, until 7 days after last lesion healed.
- Ring worm, until treatment is successful.
- Diarrhoea until a full 2 weeks after bout is over.
- School sores until lesions are fully healed.
- Measles until 7 days after rash appears.
- Whooping cough until 4 weeks after bout.
- Mumps until 14 days after symptoms appear.
- Conjunctivitis and Laryngitis, until clear.
- Cold/Flu until symptoms clear.
- Vomiting until bout is over.
Parents will be advised on enrolment of this policy, and it is the teacher’s responsibility to administer this ruling. Please be considerate and follow these guidelines. For extended illness, speak to administration regarding the organisation of make-up lessons.
A medical certificate must be presented to attach to the customer’s account and booking system: This is applicable when a makeup voucher is to be issued due to cancelation within the 24 hour notice period, or if they have already used their 1 x makeup voucher per month option.
- In line with the State Government requirements if you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms and are self-isolating please notify our staff and a make-up lesson with a 2 month expiry date will be added to your account.
- The makeup lesson voucher can be requested in the first week of COVID isolation and any further absence will need supporting documents to be submitted in writing to management. These can be in the form of a medical letter, WA Health Dept letter, letter from workplace / school or WestSwim can provide an affidavit template to fill in.
- If WestSwim Lakelands closes due to the State Government regulations, a credit for any missed lessons while closed will be added to your account.
Permanent cancellations all classes.
- Customers must provide IN WRITING via email their intentions to cancel classes and give a minimum of 2 WEEKS NOTICE. Classes will cease at the nominated cancellation date.
- Direct debit Customer: Notice must be 2 WEEKS PRIOR to the NEXT DIRECT DEBIT DATE.
- Swimmers who have not attended lessons for 2 weeks in a row with no communication, will automatically have their lessons cancelled. However, the unpaid fees must be honoured.
Payment of fees
- All fees are paid up front monthly and are due on the first lesson of every month.
- WestSwim can arrange a direct debit system to automatically arrange payment with your credit card.
- Swimmers will not be able to participate in any lessons whilst fees are still owed on an account.
- If a family requires fortnightly payments instead of monthly, a written email request must be submitted to email@example.com
- Outstanding fees that are past the one-month due date, will have the account details passed onto the WestSwim Lakelands Debt Collection Agency, where further action regarding the overdue account will occur. Please not that the cost of debt recovery is placed on the debtor (and not WestSwim Lakelands).
- Customers who have a scheduled session that falls on a Public Holiday when the centre closes, will not be charged for this lesson. If you would prefer to have a make up session, please contact our administration staff and they can organise this for you.
Outstanding Accounts and Costs of Recovery
- The debtor/s shall pay for all costs actually incurred by WestSwim Lakelands in the recovery of any monies owed under the Terms and Conditions. You agree to be liable for and indemnify WestSwim Lakelands. These costs include recovery agent costs, repossession costs, location search costs, process server costs and solicitor costs on a solicitor/client basis, debt collection commission and legal fees on an indemnity basis.